Scott adds value by helping the FFR Wealth Team clients develop a compelling vision of the future for their family and executing actionable steps to pursue the abundant life they desire. Each client presents a unique set of circumstances. Understanding how the client feels about these factors and customizing their wealth plan is where the reward of our work comes from.
Originally from Saskatchewan, Canada, Scott grew up on a family farm and made his way to Cincinnati thanks to the sport of hockey. He graduated Suma Cum Laude with a B.A. in Finance from Mercyhurst College (Erie, Pa.), where he competed as an NCAA Division I athlete, then spent four seasons playing professional hockey for the Cincinnati Cyclones (ECHL). After helping to win two championship cups for the city and travelling to play a year in the Italian pro league, Scott decided to settle down in Montgomery and begin a new career as a financial advisor. His integrity, focus, and tireless work ethic are assets to his clients and community.
In addition to providing investment and financial planning services to his clients, Scott spends his time volunteering for the Montgomery Chamber of Commerce, the Sycamore Premier Sports Club and the Walk Now for Autism Speaks.
Away from the office he enjoys hours of laughs with his children, cooking, travel, reading, home improvement projects, men’s league hockey, golfing and coaching youth sports. Scott lives in Montgomery with his wife Melissa, their son, Eli (7), and daughter, Scarlett (4)
Getting to Know Scott
- Favorite food: Steak
- Best piece of financial advice received: “You have to have a sharp pencil, it’s not what you earn but what you spend”
- Favorite quote: “It’s supposed to be hard, the hard is what makes it great. If it wasn’t everyone would do it.” – Jimmy Dougan “A League of Their Own”
- If you could meet anyone, past or present, it would be: Wayne Gretzky
- Favorite book: “The Guns of Navarone” (fiction) “The One Thing” (nonfiction)
- Favorite movie: “The Shawshank Redemption”
- Something on your bucket list: Become a scratch golfer
- What motivates you: Living up to the life I was born into
- Biggest accomplishment: Being a part of a loving family